As part of our trilogy of mocktails for Dry January – our third and final recipe is the ‘No Gin’, Cucumber, Rosemary and Apple Cider Vinegar Cocktail – GORGO!
Rosemary and Juniper Syrup
- 2 tbsp juniper freshly ground
- 1/2 cup chopped rosemary
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 100ml fresh cucumber juice
- 50ml fresh granny smith apple juice
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 25ml rosemary & juniper syrup
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 4 ribbons cucumber
- Grind juniper.
- Chop the rosemary.
- Add the juniper and rosemary to the water in a pan and simmer until reduced by half.
- Add the agave nectar and set aside, strain when cool.
- To make the garnish peel a long strip of cucumber.
- Then remove the leaves from half a sprig of rosemary, then fold the cucumber and add to the skewer.
- Juice the cucumber and apple and set aside in separate containers.
- Add some ice to a cocktail shaker and your glass.
- Add cucumber juice, apple juice, apple cider vinegar and syrup and shake.
- Pour into the glass and add the garnish.
As Nan would say, “BOB’S YER UNCLE, FANNY’S YER AUNT!”