Responsible for the management of all on site catering.
- You will require access to your own transport.
- You must be able to provide proof of right to work in the UK.
- Up-to-date contact details for at least 2 references.
- On line registration and achievement of Food Safety Level 2, Health & Safety Level 2.
- Desirable: First Aid and Fire Awareness courses.
- Manage the catering function for an independent film production and organise/oversee all associated catering resources i.e. staffing, menus, suppliers, deliveries, dispo, food hygiene, H&S.
- React to all production requests/requirements and respond in a positive and timely manner.
- Control/monitor all HACCP/allergen requirements and the daily cleaning schedule – upload to Food Alert daily.
- Planning and directing food preparation ensuring food is prepared correctly by the kitchen and Front of House team (i.e. sandwiches).
- Liaise with all agreed food suppliers and order accordingly in accord with the menu plan.
- Be aware of the required food cost percentages as set down by the budget.
- Ensure all work areas of the kitchen vehicle (or studio kitchen), dry stores (on the Luton) and refrigeration are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition at all times – especially after the shift has finished.
- Ensure all H&S practices are strictly adhered to especially concerning the correct and safe practice of using the LPG gas.
- To perform any other duties deemed necessary for the smooth and efficient running of the department.
Managing Kitchen Staff:
- Ensure all staff within your team are briefed on the daily responsibilities and given constant supervision and motivation on all aspects of their work.
- Encourage and recognise hard work within the Back Of House team. Provide regular communication, including praise and corrective coaching to all team members.
- Lead and inspire the team to ensure the kitchen always runs smoothly – help develop the junior members.
- Ensure the agreed standards of food preparation and presentation are adhered to.
- Report all accidents and any defects in kitchen equipment immediately and complete all relevant documentation on the Food Alert system.
- Report any vehicle damage/accidents immediately to the Unit Manager and log details.
- Supervise the training of all new staff members to the department.
- Live and breathe Healthy Yummies brand and service standards.
- Be proactive in solving problems.
- Have a positive approach to communication with all members of the team.
- Maintain constant quality control of all food prepared and cooked ensuring it is presented in accord with company standards and specifications.
Management and Administration:
- All HACCP, cleaning schedules, allergen information completed daily.
- Daily/weekly cleaning schedules checked and signed.
- Good leadership, organisational, communication and management skills.
- Good judgement and decision-making skills.
- Able to multitask effectively.
- Work closely with Directors.
- Ability to take ownership for all tasks, duties and responsibilities assigned to you, ensuring they are successfully completed, in a timely manner, to the required standard.
- Computer literate with good knowledge of Word/Excel programs.
- Hands on, proactive approach to the job role.
- Adhere to all company rules and regulations and procedures, actively complying with all reasonable requests or communications from the company.
Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment:
- Comply with and ensure the team understands and follows all company H&S/FS procedures.
- Encourage team members to work safely and look out for the safety of fellow workers.
- Ensure all new team members receive a thorough induction and are given all the initial help they need to achieve the required standards in their new job.
- Ensure machinery works reliably and follow up any technical problems.
During the course of duty, you will have access to certain information which demands the utmost confidentiality. Discretion must be exercised at all times.
Your responsibilities are included but not limited to this job description as this has been drafted as a guide. The company relies on the flexibility of the team to ensure the continuity of the high standards required. It is not intended as a wholly comprehensive or permanent schedule of duties – the company reserves the right to amend this scope of works from time to time to accommodate the requirements of the business and the evolving nature of the role.